Open call for Solo Residency
Free studio for 3 months followed by solo exhibition in London
Session III – 20 August to 17 November 2019
Extended Deadline for submission 27 June, interviews beginning in July, announcement of successful candidate 15 July
The gallery is offering one artist access for three months to one of its spectacular 350 square foot studio spaces, with both natural and professional lighting. Working above the gallery space, the successful applicant has the opportunity to network with artists, curators, collectors and the wider public whilst visiting ongoing exhibitions and events organised in the gallery. The residency programme will also provide guidance from gallery directors as well as an end-of-residency solo exhibition organised in the studio space upstairs.
The applicants will also be considered for the new Radical Residency programme.
The residency programme is open to artists of all ages and backgrounds including international artists living outside of the United Kingdom. Unit 1 Gallery | Workshop currently cannot provide housing for its residency programme however we will do everything we can to help direct the selected artist to find a place to stay in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious artist to benefit from a large studio to create a new body of work as large and complex as desired, to experiment, research or take a new direction, and to strengthen a career.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The minimum age to participate is 18 years old.
- Application fee is £35. This donation allows Unit 1 Gallery | Workshop to continue supporting future art residencies. The fee will not be reimbursed.
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining their own health & travel insurance and visa for entry into the United Kingdom. Further information https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
- Applicants should be available for interview with Unit 1 Gallery | Workshop in person or via Skype.
- The result of the open call will be announced on the website and social media accounts of the gallery and the selected artist will receive an email.
- Due to the high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedbacks to unsuccessful applications.
- The artist and the gallery will sign a residency agreement a week before the start of the programme. Residency agreement available on request.
You are about to be redirected to Paypal to finish your application.
Application fee: £35.