Open Call Solo Residency
from 18 January – 31 March 2022 with a Solo Residency Exhibition from 7-16 April 2022.
The gallery is offering one artist access for three months to one of its spectacular 350 ft² (35m²) studio spaces, with both natural and professional lighting. Working above the gallery space, the successful applicant has the opportunity to network with artists, curators, collectors and the wider public whilst visiting ongoing exhibitions and events organised in the gallery. The residency programme also provides guidance and promotion through our channels and network, as well as the Solo Residency Exhibition organised in the studio space upstairs.
The deadline for submissions is now extended to Thursday, 7 October 2021 (announcement of successful candidate beginning of November)
Artists can apply to the Solo Residency programme with their portfolio (10 images of their work, bio, artist statement and cv). We are only accepting applications through our online system. We are not accepting direct applications via email. All Applicants are automatically considered for future Radical Residencies®.
Our residency programmes are open to artists of all ages, backgrounds and disciplines, who are not currently enrolled in a university course, including international artists living outside of the United Kingdom.
Applicants are responsible for their own accommodation during the residency and have to ensure they can produce a valid visa for their stay (We can not provide advice on visa, please find further information here). There is no further residency fee apart from the application fee. We currently do not provide a stipend or material budget for production.
- Please read the full Terms and Conditions here.
- The application fee is £35. This donation allows Unit 1 Gallery | Workshop to continue supporting residency programmes.
- Applicants from and living in the ‘Least Developed Countries’, ‘Other Low Income Countries’ and ‘Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list are exempt from payment. Applicants from the ‘Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list do have to pay the application fee. Please see the DAC list attached here.
- The result of the Open Call will be announced on the website and social media and shortlisted artists will receive an email.
- Due to the high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to unsuccessful applications.
You are about to be redirected to Paypal to finish your application. (DAC list exempt)
Application fee: £35.