How to apply
The next Open Call for our Solo Residency from 18 January – 31 March 2022.
Applications for our residency programmes are possible through our Open Calls. Artists can apply to the Solo Residency programme with their portfolio (10 images of their work, bio, artist statement and cv). We are only accepting applications through our online system and when there is an Open Call. We are not accepting direct applications via email. All Applicants are automatically considered for future Radical Residencies®.
Please sign up to our mailing list or follow us on Instagram to keep up to date with Open Calls and upcoming Deadlines.
Our residency programmes are open to artists of all ages, backgrounds and disciplines, that are not currently enrolled in a university course, including international artists living outside of the United Kingdom.
Applicants are responsible for their own accommodation during the residency and have to ensure they can produce a valid visa for their stay (We can not provide advice on visa, please find further information here). There is no further residency fee apart from the application fee. We currently do not provide a stipend or material budget for production.
- Please read the full Terms and Conditions here.
- The application fee is £35. This donation allows Unit 1 Gallery | Workshop to continue supporting residency programmes.
- Applicants from and living in the ‘Least Developed Countries’, ‘Other Low Income Countries’ and ‘Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list are exempt from payment. Applicants from the ‘Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list do have to pay the application fee. Please see the DAC list attached here.
- The result of the Open Call will be announced on the website and social media and shortlisted artists will receive an email.
- Due to the high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to unsuccessful applications.
If you have any more questions regarding the application process, please write us an email.